Expansion of sound exercise
1. Play a comfortable note.
2. Feel the note resonate in your feet.
3. Then continue that feeling all the way up to the top of your head.
4. Feel your whole body resonate with that note.
5. Then expand that feeling of resonance all around you as if that resonance IS your body.
6. Keep going a bit at a time, expanding inch by inch with your 'sonic body' expanding until it fills the whole room you are in. Until the whole room IS your 'sonic body.'
7. This can continue until it goes outside of the room. But the room is a good place to start!
Try it on different notes, just for 5 or so minutes a day.
Then start using it on solos or certain excerpts.
** Make sure to really fill ALL PARTS of your body with the sound. From the back of your head, to your armpits and all the way to the soles of your feet. Even your hands and in between your fingers. (Knee caps too!). It will open up all sorts of things about resonance, your body, air and more!