Saturday, November 14, 2009

Growth Is Not Automatic

During our physically developing years growth is a very automatic process normally. I remember going to family gatherings and if it had been a year or so since my relatives had seen me last they would say, "Oh my! Have you grown!" But other types of growth are not automatic. The decision or desire to grow as a person or to keep developing as an artist is a choice. It never felt like a choice to me because I was driven to do so, but it still was a choice non the less because I had the option not to keep pursuing it in the way I chose to pursue it.

Here is another video that I think will be a good supplement to my one the other day about self discovery and self expression. No matter what you want to do, you will be confronted with choices and decisions to make. As you recall in my last video, I spoke about the bravery needed to be yourself. This video will elaborate on the previous contemplation.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read this blog. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more soon.

SPECinMnYerTRUM said...

This is Shawn Standing.I am a follower of your blog and such because of a mutual friend, Jim Nova. On occasion I just want to let you know that I find your spectra very resonant. I want you to know that. I enjoyed your videos. Keep up.

Carole Winkler said...

Dear Norman,

Do you remember my father, Ralph Winkler, who conducted the St Paul Youth Orchestra?

How thrilling to see your career with the Boston Symphony and to find that you have a website!

Carole Winkler